Free Week Offer. A special bonus for parents is a free week if the entire summer is paid for by May 1. Session topics are two weeks with one three-week session. We encourage youngsters to be present for the entire session, but camp can also be purchased by the week
Summer is a time for children to have fun and enjoy outside activities, but we also believe that youngsters want to use their brains to think and learn and solve mysteries. With this in mind we have created STEAM Summer Camp – filled with fun brain-stretching activities focusing on science, technology, engineering, art and math (STEAM) designed to strengthen skills.
Bluebonnet School Summer STEAM Camp welcomes children who have finished kindergarten through fourth grade. Topics extend over two weeks, but individual weeks can be selected. Enrollment is limited. Bluebonnet opens at 6:45 a.m. and closes at 6:30 p.m.
· Swim lessons will be taught in the Bluebonnet on-site pool by certified professionals from Safe Splash Swim School for Cedar Park campers. Contact SafeSplash Swim School to schedule swim lessons at www.Safesplash.com or call 512-879-4300. Small group swim sessions correspond to summer camp’s 2-week topics.
· Our facilities are secure and monitored 24/7 with entry allowed only with electronic codes.
· Sunscreen in provided at no extra cost and is applied daily with parent permission.
· Exciting field trips are included and youngsters are transported in our minibuses with 3-point, child-sized, factory installed seat belts.
· Internet viewing for parents of camp activity rooms is free of charge for parents.
· A delicious lunch prepared by our on-site chef plus morning and afternoon snacks are provided at no extra charge.
· Fun water play on our exciting waterpark and pool keeps our campers cool.
· Air-conditioned indoor spaces make hot summer days pleasant.
· Sports and games on our spacious, shady playing fields and playscape give campers opportunities for active play.
Each morning our campers gather together for the daily pep rally to hear plans for the day and to take part in learning and singing camp songs. New campers are given a water safety class and a swim test to see if there is sufficient competence to be safe in our pool. If not, our waterpark is enormous fun and many children prefer it to the pool. Swim lessons are available for extra fees.
Six Topics, Twelve Weeks. There are Six very special exciting sessions for children created to provide a unique environment of scientific inquiry. Throughout the weeks campers will have the opportunity to solve mysteries, create an invention, plan and cook a meal, build a special tool, do an experiment or even create their own artwork.
Bluebonnet School of Canyon Creek and Cedar Park are licensed by Texas Dept. of Family and Protective Services (TDFPS). TDFPS regulates facilities closely, inspects frequently without prior announcement and requires facilities to always be in compliance with its 260-page Minimum Standard Rules.
Parents need to know which agency, if any, licenses their child’s summer program. Many “summer camps” are not required to be licensed by any Texas state agency at all. Others are only licensed by the less rigorous Texas Dept. of State Health Services.
Why is an Accredited Program a Better Summer Program for Your Child?
As an NAEYC and NAC accredited facility, Bluebonnet’s operating standards far exceed any state standards from TDFPS licensing. In an accredited program, parents will see frequent, warm interactions between teachers and children, smaller group sizes, well-trained teachers, regular communication with parents, nutritious meals and effective administration.